Our Communications Officer
Born in Messines, Georges Lafontaine holds a certificate in communication from the University of Quebec in the Outaouais. A former journalist in the Outaouais area and in northern Ontario, he previously owned a newspaper and a radio station for many years. He also worked as an information officer for the MRC de la Vallée-de-la-Gatineau and was a political attaché with three deputies in the provincial riding of Gatineau. In recent years, he has published four novels, all concerning the Maniwaki area, two of which have won literary awards.
For more information, call 819-449-1225 email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Communications Officer performs the following tasks:
- Ensure that the information flows well between the AANTC and member communities;
- Collects information that may be relevant to the communities (information on programs, services, other organizations and/or departments) and distributes it;
- Maintains and updates the website;
- Responsible for the publication of the newsletter, which is distributed to communities and partner organizations;
- The communications Officer must also ensure the AANTC’s visibility with regards to external organizations.